Complaints Policy

How to make a complaint

Brian Walsh Funerals aims to make it easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention.

If you have a concern, you should first raise it directly with the representative you have been dealing with.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to us by contacting our complaints officers, Brian Walsh or Joanne Walsh (Business owners), by:

  • telephone (during business hours): 03 5871 1499
  • email:
  • post: Brian Walsh Funerals, 51 Broadway Street, Cobram Victoria 3644 attention to Brian Walsh or Joanne Walsh

You can also lodge a complaint in person at 51 Broadway Street, Cobram, Victoria 3644 during business hours.

Please provide as much detail as possible about your complaint, including the outcome you would like.

If you need help to describe or send your complaint, or if you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please contact us on 03 5871 1499.

How we will handle your complaint

Our complaints officer will work with you and relevant staff to ensure that the issues you raise are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with our complaints handling process.

We will treat all the details of your complaint in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of the business, we will obtain your consent first.

Please make your initial complaint as clear as possible. We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case. Sometimes we may want to meet you in person to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.

How long will it take?

We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issue you have raised.

We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within two days. We will give you an estimate of how long it may take us to deal with the matter, and try to finalise the matter within five days.

What action will we take in response to your complaint?

If we decide that your complaint is justified, we will then decide what action we should take in response. We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible. Some of the things we might do include:

  • take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised
  • give you additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it
  • take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things.

What if you’re still unhappy?

Sometimes it is not possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction. If this is the case with your complaint, you can escalate the matter to Consumer Affairs Victoria.

Consumer Affairs Victoria can deal with enquiries and complaints about funeral providers and offers information, advice and, in some cases, dispute resolution services. For more information, call 1300 55 81 81 (9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays) or visit

You may also wish to seek independent legal advice if we are unable to resolve your concerns. A legal practitioner can provide you with information about your rights and obligations and, if necessary, advise you on other ways to resolve your complaint.